TNF MALAYSIA MOUNTAIN TRAIL FESTIVAL 2019 - OCTOBER UPDATE
TNF MALAYSIA MOUNTAIN TRAIL FESTIVAL 2019 – COURSE AND ELEVATION PROFILE 03 of 04 – 25KM BALL-BREAKER CHALLENGE
This is the course and elevation profile latest update. Please take note of the new start and finishing time of race which change we deemed necessary.
- RACE – 25KM BALL-BREAKER CHALLENGE
- START TIME – 02.00PM 14th DECEMBER 2019 (NEW START TIME)
- COT – 09 HOURS
- FINISH TIME – 11.00PM 14th DECEMBER 2019 (NEW FINISHING TIME)
- TOTAL DISTANCE – 26KM (Trace De Trail Quoted)
- TOTAL ASCENT – 1440m (Trace De Trail Quoted)
- TOTAL DESCENT – 1450m (Trace De Trail Quoted)
- ITRA POINTS – 1 POINT
1. 25KM course is an upgraded course from 2018’s 15KM course.
2. The 25KM Ball-Breaker Challenge start time is further pushed to 02.00PM on Saturday 14th December 2019.
3. The reasons for the change of start time :-
• Due to the no of runners in the 25KM category, we are trying to prevent bottle-neck between CP2 – FINISH LINE which will disrupt the 84KM/55KM title challenge.
• We are trying to provide everyone with a true Ball-Breaker Challenge experience which normally starts between 12.00noon – 02.00pm.
• With the exception of the front runners, most runners (60-70%) in the 25KM categories will now have shorter running time in broad day light and escaping more running time in high humidity in the process.
4. Unlike the Ultra Challenge categories, all COTs at all CPs for 25KM are mandatory COTs. Miss these mandatory COTs and you will be out.
5. No matter if you are front runners chasing each other or if you are back runners chasing the COT, do ensure that you report to every CP. Failure of which you will either be subjected to time penalty or be asked to return to the CP that you have missed.
6. There will be NO drop bag for 25KM runners.
7. There will be Medic, Coke, 100 Plus, Tailwind, Biscuits or Bread and Fruits in every CP.
8. Please do not divert off course and always stay on course following the markers.
9. DO NOT SLEEP ON THE COURSE. If you are caught doing so, you will be taken out of the course and deemed not fit to complete the race. Hence, you should only catch on your sleep at the CPs.
10. There will be a race briefing at 05.00pm on 13th December 2019 prior to “Elites Introduction Session” at 06.00pm and dinner/ carbo loading session at 07.00pm at Spritzer EcoPark, Taiping, Perak. We highly encourage everyone to attend the briefing as many who stayed away missed 2 very important points last year. That resulted in many runners who diverted off course as they were not aware of our marking strategy, and also failed to include the Bonus CP we have in place for their race strategy.
Please take note GPX will only be shared 2 weeks before the race to prevent private land from being encroached upon.
We will be sending the course and elevation profile in phases to everyone and you can also download them from our webpage www.mmtf.my in different format once our back office team have uploaded them in coming days.
Team TNF Malaysia Mountain Trail Festival 2019
29th October 2019