TNF MALAYSIA MOUNTAIN TRAIL FESTIVAL 2019 - OCTOBER UPDATE
TNF MALAYSIA MOUNTAIN TRAIL FESTIVAL 2019 – COURSE AND ELEVATION PROFILE 02 of 04 – 55KM ULTRA CHALLENGE
This email contains the course and elevation profile for the 55KM Ultra Challenge.
- RACE – 55KM ULTRA CHALLENGE
- START TIME – 08.00AM 14th DECEMBER 2019
- COT – 17 HOURS
- FINISH TIME – 01.00AM 15th DECEMBER 2019
- TOTAL DISTANCE – 51.9KM (Trace De Trail Quoted)
- TOTAL ASCENT – 3250m (Trace De Trail Quoted)
- TOTAL DESCENT – 3250m (Trace De Trail Quoted)
- ITRA POINTS – 3 POINTS
- CHAMPIONSHIP – MALAYSIA ULTRA LEAGUE (MUL)
1. 55KM course is an upgraded course from 2018’s 36KM course.
2. To ensure that we do not stress everyone out from CP to CP, this time round there will be selected CPs regarded as mandatory COT CPs namely CP1, CP2, CP4, CP5. Miss these mandatory COTs and you will be out.
3. No matter if you are front runners chasing each other or if you are back runners chasing the COT, do ensure that you report to every CP. Failure of which you will either be subjected to time penalty or be asked to return to the CP that you have missed.
4. There will be NO drop bag for 55KM runners.
5. There will be Medic, Coke, 100 Plus, Tailwind, Biscuits or Bread and Fruits in every CP. Hot Meals will only be served at CP4.
6. Please do not divert off course and always stay on course following the markers.
7. DO NOT SLEEP ON THE COURSE. If you are caught doing so, you will be taken out of the course and deemed not fit to complete the race. Hence, you should only catch on your sleep at the CPs.
8. There will be a race briefing at 05.00pm on 13th December 2019 prior to “Elites Introduction Session” at 06.00pm and dinner/ carbo loading session at 07.00pm at Spritzer EcoPark, Taiping, Perak. We highly encourage everyone to attend the briefing as many who stayed away missed 2 very important points last year. That resulted in many runners who diverted off course as they were not aware of our marking strategy, and also failed to include the Bonus CP we have in place for their race strategy.
9. Please take note that the discrepancy in distance is owed to the descending lines taken during the simulation exercise but majority of you will be clocking 53-55KM on race day. We will not advise you what descending lines to take other than to advise you to follow the markers strictly. Do not take a straight route when the markers clearly say you must go to the left or right. If you are caught by the event team to flaunt this rule, you will be reported to life base and you will be deemed a high risk runner to the organizer. Disqualifying you will be the only option we have in this case.
Please take note GPX will only be shared 2 weeks before the race to prevent private land from being encroached upon. We will be sending the course and elevation profile in phases to everyone and you can also download them from our webpage in different formats once our back office team have uploaded them in coming days.
Team TNF Malaysia Mountain Trail Festival 2019
22nd October 2019